Art Nouveau cross pattern letterpress coaster, blue
A box of beautiful Art Nouveau ornaments led to these coaster designs. Send them to your friends as a promise of drinks together to come. They do a fine job of soaking up drips and can be recycled as and when you fancy a new one. I keep mine going for ages, and enjoy seeing the patina they slowly build up over time. Oh, the drinking stories they could tell!
Slip a single coaster in with a card as a sweet little extra, or pop a pack in the post as a surprise gift. Perfect for Christmas stocking fillers too.
- Part of a small batch, designed by me and hand printed in my studio on the Shropshire/Herefordshire/Powys borders
- Letterpress printed by hand and foot power on an antique cast iron Saroglia treadle platen press
- Hand set using antique metal ornaments (and excellent letterpress math skills as I filled in the tricky gaps between the ornaments with spacer blocks!)
- Blue ink
- Beermat board, 2mm thick
- 9.3cm square coaster with rounded corners
- Comes individually or as a pack of six